7.25.2007

at the center

my mom took this picture of me and my sister cory just about an hour ago...right after we ran and leaped and twisted through the rain. i seriously love these storms. i can't get enough of that cleansing rain on my skin.
this picture turned out a bit funky...i know that she didn't mean to take it this way...and yet, i am really loving it right now. it kind of feels parallel to my inner workings. there is a circle of disorganization whirling around me. everything feels a bit of a blur. there are moments of great clarity and then they disappear when my eyes adjust to a new angle. everything can sometimes feel so hazy. i have been feeling a little quiet lately...some internal processing and some realizations of the hardest kind...the ones that show you where you need to grow. i suppose transition is supposed to be that way.
the picture kind of spoke to me of all of that. that there are seasons in life that seem a bit blurry...when you are being born into new things in your life...(a great post about that here, you must read)...but at the center of it all...their is intense JOY for all of us...there is enough for all of us.
There was more than enough for me and Cory this evening...and there was an insane amount of rain to help it sink down deep within.
those are the kind of moments that bring me back to that center...right where the joy is...and the hope.

11 comments:

Jamie said...

That's not fair. By the time I got home the storm had moved north. I could see it getting farther and farther away from me and wanted SO bad to chase it and get ahead of it so that I could experience it too. I know it was here...I can see the evidence all around. But...I didn't get to feel it on my skin tonight. :(

Jamie said...

But, I'm glad you did :) Looks like fun!

Harris Family said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm jealous, I was stuck in my classroom working during the rain today. Oh...by the way...Blake was awesome, I'd been rooting for him all season! :)

Simplicity Wins said...

I am so happy that you and Cory got to run and play in the rain together! What a freeing experience for you to share with each other.

Debbie said...

That is such a great picture of the two of you. I hope that no matter what you go through, you can remember the joy and love that ALWAYS surround you and your family. Love you girl! I thought of you during the rain last night. Josie pulled up a chair to the back door while I was cooking dnner. I asked her what she was doing. She replied simply "I am watching the rain". She then turned back to the door and rocked while just watching. It was sweet.

kimberly said...

Asher and Nonnie came home from 31 flavors to find Mommy and Auntie dancing in the rain! :) He ran for cover to the front door and continued to be "concerned" about his Mommy and Auntie getting wet!

It was a glorious shower!

daisies said...

i adore this photo and that center ... right where joy is ... and the hope ~ oh yes :) xox

Andrea and Blake said...

what an awesome pause that picture brings, you really have a wonderful way of expressing yourself and you always use perfect words! it's fun to read... Journey and Ashlyn would have a blast! Fun that they are so close in age (a week or so right?)

Cory said...

That was soooo good for me!!!! Thanks for the encouragement sister. It's amazing how therapeutic playing in the rain can be. There is just something so carefree and rejuvenating about it!!! Love ya sis...

Katie said...

boy am I missing AZ right now. :) It looks refreshing. I love love love hot rain.

Sara said...

These rain storms do take the edge off here in our desert, we love the rain!!