5.01.2007

introducing...

The newest addition to our family... Yep! That's right, I am now a minivan mama. A crunchy, sassy minivan mama perhaps...but there is no hiding my status behind the compact vehicle any longer. A new perspective on life...brought to you by: I have yet to name her...but the wheels are turning and I will take any suggestions you may have! As for how I feel about the "new" purchase (am I really in the "van-a-wagon" season of my life?), well...I suppose it could be somewhat ummmmm alarming...but oh the room...and sitting up high...and feeling a tad bit safer with my babies riding along...I am LOVING it. And I love old things. I love that this van has a whole life story and that there are memories that come with the package and that there are idiosyncrasies that we need to become familiar with...just like getting to know any new addition to the family! It shall be fun. And the kiddos? they dig it. Journey smiles when she looks out the window and Asher is thrilled with it being a "BIG tar" and with the brand new view he gets to admire on our "wides". He also may have a career as a future car model... wait....never mind...maybe a career as the next evil canevil... We are already warming her up to our crazy selves. I think she's going to like it here....don't you?

6 comments:

GG said...

I love the new car. It is just what you needed! And adding to it is the story of how you got it...as you related to me over the phone today. You refer to yourself as a "crunchy sassy minivan mama". How well I remember that for the first several years of your young life you were called "Sassy" by the family..maybe the crunchy got in there because you are a masseuse by profession! Remember, I have a grandson who is a wrestler and I call him Bone Crusher so don't try to move in on his name!!! I have no suggestions for the car's name. I'm sure you will rise to the occasion concerning that. "White Ligntning" does come to mind, though!! Well, my dear little Rundio family ...keep happy and thankful...you have much to be happy about and much to be thankful for. Love you all...GG

Nonnie said...

What an awesome ride!!! :) Brings back memories of my trustee Astro Van days! They are all GOOOOD memories. (except for the no air at times) :) Asher told me today that his new car is like Nonnies! They are both WHITE! I'm so happy for you guys!

summer said...

mmmm....congrats! I love my van. It feels good to shed the disguise of my former car and fully embrace the wonder-years mommy that I am. Its like the ultimate in being ready for any adventure my darling and I can take. Like no bags or gear can bog us down now! Beach, hike, road trip, or soaring to the moon...the van's got us covered! Yeah! They even have tents that attach to the hatch-back, making it like a tent trailer! Enjoy your new van, Im sure it will enjoy you!

Summer

Debbie said...

Congrats! Enjoy your new addition and more room :)

Anonymous said...

How about "Run-Di-Go"?

Simplicity Wins said...

Not in a million years would I have pictured you being a "mini van mama" However, you have always been extremely practical and your family needed the space...Be safe...